mardi 16 septembre 2014

Almond maple granola bars

This is my first recipe that I will share on this blog. The lemon verveine is born from my love of making new and fun recipes that have to be gluten free, mostly plant based and good for a human being. I am celiac and dairy intolerant, apart from other things. Four years ago I watch my godmother die from cancer which was mostly caused (as my family think) by the fact that she lived close to a potato field that received spray pesticide. She is the reason I decided to make everything in my power to be healthy, to eat organic food and to enjoy life.

It is late now and for now I will focus on this simple recipe that is so tasty and full of good proteins. It makes a wonderful snack or post smoothie breakfast. We love it at home and you should watch for your other hungry half or your little ones, cause you might found none less as soon as you make these goodies.

The recipe is adapted from minimalist baker.

Serves : 9 bars

Ingredients 


  • 1 1/2 cup rolled oats (gf)
  • 1 cup raw almonds 
  • 5-6 medjool dates pitted 
  • 1/2 cup almond butter 
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup pure maple syrup 
  • 1/4 cup melted coconut oil 
  • A pinch of sea salt
Instructions 

  • Set the oven to 375'F.
  • Place almonds and oats on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes. 
  • In the mean time, combine the almond butter, the maple syrup and the coconut oil in a bowl.
  • Chop the dates in little pieces.
  • Stir almonds, oats and dates over the mixture. 
  • Line a 8x8 baking dish with plastic wrap, pour the mixture and press firmly. 
  • Cover and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. 
  • Cut the bars and place in a air tight container for up to 5 days. 
Then indulge with a perfect cup of tea or your favorite drink.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire