It is late now and for now I will focus on this simple recipe that is so tasty and full of good proteins. It makes a wonderful snack or post smoothie breakfast. We love it at home and you should watch for your other hungry half or your little ones, cause you might found none less as soon as you make these goodies.
The recipe is adapted from minimalist baker.
Serves : 9 bars
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats (gf)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 5-6 medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- Set the oven to 375'F.
- Place almonds and oats on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- In the mean time, combine the almond butter, the maple syrup and the coconut oil in a bowl.
- Chop the dates in little pieces.
- Stir almonds, oats and dates over the mixture.
- Line a 8x8 baking dish with plastic wrap, pour the mixture and press firmly.
- Cover and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut the bars and place in a air tight container for up to 5 days.